So Long and Thanks for All the Thinking

Nov 06 2011 Published by under Uncategorized

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It has been fun and I hope that I have made a useful contribution to your blogging community.  I can't thank you enough for allowing me to post here for two weeks.  I do hope that you won't hold a certain internet stalker of the creationist variety against me.

I hope that you will visit Cassandra's Tears.  I promise to finish my summary of The Emergence of Life... someday.  And now I have a new one to add to the list.  Perhaps a review of Kimura in the same vein would be useful to someone as well.

I'll leave you with a powerful message

Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

• Joe G says:

Perahaps if you didn't lie about people and science, people would leave you alone.

I know I wouldn't care about your existence if you didn't lie about me, ID and science.

Food for thought...

• You equate Kevin's presentation of beliefs and data to the contrary of yours to be lies? How flat earth of you.

• Joe G says:

No, I equate Kevin's lies with lies and his misrepresentations with misrepresentaions.

And he has yet to present any data to the contrary of anything ID.

Anything else I can help you with?

• Joe G says:

BTW Kevin,

IDists have defined "information", on more than one occasion.

You should really stop with the lies...

• OgreMkV says:

You all might be interested in this. A formal debate held between Joe and I on the subject of Intelligent Design. You can read what the actual leaders of the movement said and what others have said.

• EEGiorgi says:

Kevin, it was a pleasure meeting you and keep up the good work. Sorry if I sounded pedantic at times, but genetics is indeed hard and it takes great effort to understand the concepts and their subtleties. It's a work in progress, as we are indeed still understanding and a great deal has been learned after the completion of the Human Genome Project.

It just boggles my mind how often discussions become personal attacks for no reason whatsoever. Science takes care of the "how." It formulates theories to explain processes, how things happen. The "why" is not to scientists to explain. Even though it's a human fallacy to always seek for the "why" behind things, the truth is, when we say "gene X has function Y" it's an interpretation we make a posteriori based on certain experimental data. If people understood this, there wouldn't be any need to have such heated debates between science and religion. It's just sad.

• Joe G says:

Thanks Kevin. I encourage everyone to check out the debate that Kevin and I had.

Oddly enough my posts contain what the ID leadership have to say and it is in sharp contrast to what Kevin has to say.